Wednesday 2 February 2011

Cologne Research Trip

Cologne
In June 2010 I was awarded some money as part of the Louisa Ann Ryland Travel Scholarship (BIAD, UK), to continue my research and further develop my work. 

'Dropped Cone', Claes Oldenburg & Coosje van Bruggen, Cologne  
My chosen destination was Cologne in Germany as once a year it hosts ISM: The Future of Sweets and ProSweets Cologne. They both took place from 28th January- 2nd February 2011. 

ISM is described as the worlds largest and most important  international sugar and sweet confectionery trade show and ProSweets Cologne showcases new ideas for sweet and sugar manufacture.
ISM: The Future of Sweets, new products pavilion.
My main aim was to see the variety of products that are globally being produced and any new technical developments. I found both of the shows extremely interesting and useful in helping to further develop my ideas and future work.